Perseverαnce

Perseverance 


Dear Prospective Employer,

Are you looking for someone who thinks outside the box and perseveres? I possess the ability to generate innovative ideas(0). My passion for programming was ignited during my high school years when I participated in a programming quiz. Our task was to identify which records corresponded to a Pythagorean Triangle. While most students proposed a straightforward solution, I approached the problem differently and used Heron’s formula, which proved to be more efficient and less time-consuming. My solution impressed the professor, and he commended me for my originality.

My pursuit of excellence continued when I pursued my Master's degree in Computer Science(1). I envisioned a worksheet tool that could handle databases and solve most numerical computations with ease. Despite the doubts of others, I persevered with my project and today ExSan(2), my version of Excel, has reached a level of maturity that I am proud of. Over the past 30 years, I have written more than 100,000 ANSI C++ lines of source code, including an extensive library that has been tested on various projects, such as a simulator of Markowitz Portfolio, image processing, pattern recognition, and text mining.

I spend no less than six hours a day studying C++ and its trends to improve ExSan's code and library. I am always looking for new challenges, and I have been successful in beta-testing my current project. This project is already ported and plugged-in to Interactive Brokers C++ API(3), allowing me to conduct tick-by-tick live data market analysis.(4)

Thank you for considering me as a candidate. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Luis Roberto Santander(5)

--------------

Related Links

(5) Resume


My Portfolio

#OpenToWork


—--

From the Internet:

Perseverance is a personality feature that matters much more than passion taken alone. Perseverance is when you stick with a project for a very long period of time and it can be years or even decades that predicts success in many areas but it's simply the person who shows up for work all bursting with energy. It's better than the alternative but a lot of people do that and then they bang their head against the wall and they don't confuse people who experience compound returns to learning over many years who become the true very high achievers. 



Flag Counter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About ExSan

Algorithm